The ACHCA Mentoring Program
“Each one Teach one.” Promoting Leadership through Relationships
Goals of the Mentoring Initiative
- Provide a mechanism through which both established and emerging leaders in the field can better prepare themselves for changes in the profession
- Provide a tool to facilitate succession planning efforts as many established administrators are nearing retirement
- Provide a valuable benefit to ACHCA members and create a culture of continuous learning
ACHCA is uniquely positioned to lead a state of the art mentoring initiative for the profession connecting mentors and protégés across the country in this noble, professional field. We recognize the value of dynamic, enduring leadership in the field of long-term health care services, and we believe it is our calling to develop and promote this natural leadership skill, which is paramount to enhance future leadership capacity to serve this valuable service field.
This premier effort includes education, resources and tools to help these relationships form successful partnerships using an evidence-based approach to development and support.
ACHCA’s National Mentoring program is open to emerging leaders in long term care who are Professional ACHCA members employed in a long term care or aging services setting.
In order to participate in the mentoring program, we ask that you:
- Are a Professional or Retired member of ACHCA. To become a Professional member of ACHCA, CLICK HERE.
- Attend ACHCA’s Annual Convocation or Winter Marketplace in order to meet face to face with your mentor or protege.
- Are currently employed within the long term care setting.
- Are willing to commit to a minimum of one hour per month to the successful development of your mentor/protégé relationship.
We are now accepting applications year round for the program. Individuals interested in applying to become a mentor or protégé should submit an application.
CLICK HERE to access the mentoring application
CLICK HERE to access the protege application
CLICK HERE for information on becoming a Fellow.
All questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org