Who is ACHCA?
Our members have a passion for being the top leaders in health care administration. More specifically, we are Owners, Administrators, Executive Directors, Consultants, Assistant Administrators, AITs, Students, VP/Directors, Department Head/Managers, Directors of Nursing, Product/Service Providers, Retired Administrators, Academic Providers, and more!
What are the benefits of joining ACHCA?
Membership in ACHCA provides a wealth of education, networking, and industry-wide information to help you in your career. Here is a brief overview of what you will receive as a member:
- Membership in a state chapter of your choice – As the “arm” of ACHCA, we encourage our members to get involved in their state chapters! The states offer ongoing education opportunities, networking events, and additional leadership opportunities.You will get out of ACHCA what you put into it, so contact your state chapter today!
- Registration discounts at ACHCA’s Annual Convocation and Exposition (every Spring) and ACHCA’s Fall Forum
- Access to our online communities – This members-only network lets you connect and collaborate with your colleagues online. You will also have access to our online member directory. Please note: We protect the privacy of all our members and do not sell or distribute our membership lists to anyone outside of our organization.
- Professional Development opportunities – As a member, you will receive a discount on your CNHA and/or CALA initial application.
- Advancement to Fellow status (FACHCA) – This membership status signifies your commitment to professional growth and your efforts to improve the profession.
- Access to ACHCA Publications – eNews (monthly) and Continuum (quarterly) newsletters
- Career Resources – ACHCA’s online employment resource lists career opportunities both nationally and internationally. CareerLink allows you to search positions available by title, salary, or state.
Tailor your ACHCA Experience to your needs and build a network that supports your goals!
Review the membership descriptions and dues below, and select the membership status that best suits your career arc. ACHCA is here to support you from student to AIT to Assistant Administrator, Administrator, and beyond!
If you are a new member, apply online or if you prefer a hard copy application, download the membership application.
If you are renewing your membership, apply online, or download a renewal membership application, and send us your renewal payment by postal mail. Hard copy applications, with membership payments, must be sent to: ACHCA Membership, PO Box 75060, Baltimore, MD 21275-5060.
Questions about your eligibility or how to apply for membership? Send us an e-mail.
- Professional:: Membership Dues: $310
- Those persons who are professionally qualified by licensure, certification, education, and/or experience, to serve as executives or academics in long term care administration, and who are accountable for ensuring that quality of care is provided in long term care, residential care, and/or post-acute care setting(s).
- Emerging Professional:: Membership Dues: $205
- Same as above licensed or professional qualified less than 2 years.
- Academic:: Membership Dues: $175
- Those persons that hold full-time academic positions in a graduate or undergraduate program in a post-acute and aging services long term care health-related field at an accredited college or university, but are not currently practicing as professionals in the field, seeking Continuing Education (CE) credits. Appy online or download an application.
- Retired:: Membership Dues: $100
- Current voting members of continuous 5+ years, who have retired from healthcare administration and are at least 55 years of age. Must submit statement of attestation for proof of retirement with no remuneration for administrative services.
- Retired Fellow:: Membership Dues: $80
- Current voting members who have been a Fellow in good standing of 5+ years, are 55+ years of age, and have retired from healthcare administration. Must submit statement of attestation of proof of retirement with no remunerations for administrative services.
- Academic:: Membership Dues: $125
- Similiar to the Academic (voting) membership. Those individuals in academia that do not seek Continuing Education (CE) credits and do not meet the qualifications established for Voting Members. Appy online or download an application.
- Associate:: Membership Dues: $205
- Those individuals who have an interest in long-term health care quality and administration, but do not meet the qualifications established for Voting Members.
- Administrator in Training*:: Membership Dues: $45
- Individuals actively enrolled in an AIT/internship in long term care administration, not already licensed in another profession, and do not meet the qualifications established for Voting Members.
- Student*:: Membership Dues: $25
- Individuals seeking entry to LTC practice as a nursing home, assisted living, or aging services administrator who are enrolled in health-related degree granting, certificate, or diploma program at an accredited college or university not already licensed in another profession, and do not meet the qualifications established for Voting Members. Apply online or download an application. Click here for information about Student Campus Associations or Groups.
- Business Affiliate:: Membership Dues: $250
- Individuals seeking to connect with leaders in the post-acute and aging services profession, who are committed to the mission of ACHCA and whose membership in ACHCA may enhance business connections and increase brand awareness. This membership is ideal for those who do not wish to commit to a specific sponsorship level throughout the year but wish to gain access to ACHCA resources, and learn more about the College. Apply online.
- Business Affiliate Sponsor
- Choose from three levels of participation which provide your company opportunities for interaction and exposure to LTC professionals. Click here to learn more or to join online.
Note: Student membership requires proof of academic enrollment (i.e. current student ID and class schedule or tuition bill). Similarly, the AIT membership requires proof of enrollment (i.e., a letter from an AIT preceptor on company letterhead).